I’ve been doing color-themed activities with my toddler and we recently focused on the color blue. I put together a blue-themed sensory bin for JA to explore.
Blue Sensory Bin for Toddlers
This Week We Learned the Color Blue.
Our blue sensory bin contained the following materials I put together from things we had at home:
- 2 pieces of blue felt in 2 shades of blue
- a blue plastic Easter egg shaker filled with beans
- some blue thistle blocks
- a blue feather
- a card with the word “blue” on it
- circles cut from blue foam paper
- a blue ball
- 2 blue pipe cleaners in different shades
- filled with blue aquarium gravel
JA had a lot fun exploring all of the items in the bin but his favorite was the blue feather. He used it to explore the other items in the box.
His older brother got in on the fun, too!
Sensory Fun is Messy!
I decided it was time to end our sensory fun when the kids discovered they could take the gravel out of the bin and put it on the floor!
We spent quite some time sweeping up those little pieces of gravel! But a good time was had by all.